The Way of Inbound Marketing Leads to Convert More Clients
The Inbound Marketing is not only related to marketing. After all, what about all those leads that you’ve been getting? Your business can not function only with leads.
Your business needs customers to help generate income and feed your future strategies of inbound marketing. So once you’ve perfected how to acquire and convert leads visit, it’s time to get to work and to convert these leads into customers.
Direct your emails to the correct segment
- How many times have you received an email from a company of which you have not even heard of? Or a subject that says something like “get a great deal on our product” of a site you just visited for the first time? And how many times have you opened those emails or would open again in the future?
- The emails that are totally irrelevant to you are worthless, they can only annoy your leads, and worse than that, it is less likely that they will want to do business with your company in the future.
- On the other hand, think of the last time you received an email directly related to a piece of content downloaded or an offer of a topic related to what you have subscribed to, or one that provides an answer to the question that has been trying to figure out all week. Would you open this email? Most likely because you did it.
- It’s easy to see why the emails specifically targeted to the needs and interests of the recipients are much more likely to be open. Above you can gather a lot of clicks if you reach the right person at the right time – like a contact who is in the decision stage in the life cycle of a client.
- Sending emails designed to produce exactly the right message at the right time builds confidence immediately to the recipients of your organization and makes it more likely that they will continue to work with your company in the future.
- Think of email as a tool to build relationships with your leads. The more you position you as a consultant to your emails, helping your leads to solve their challenges, chances are they will want to interact with your company.
Customization is the magic word
- What do you see when you visit a website like Amazon or Netflix? Probably something different to what your co-worker, friend, or relative sees. These websites make the effort (and the use of data) to better understand the tastes and interests of your visitors and create a personalized web experience at a very high level.
- Use of this customization is building trust with visits will those sites – and makes it more likely that they will think of Amazon or Netflix the next time you are interested in purchasing a product or see a movie.
- Through intelligent content you can create custom web pages that can easily integrate this level of personalized messages to your emails using tabs for customization.
- These tokens are small pieces of text that can be placed in your emails and pull information from your contacts have provided about themselves.
- This customization tokens can be used to customize the email subject line or body of the message with information such as company name, industry, location, title, or other relevant information (tastes, preferences, needs).
Align your sales and marketing team
- “Our sales team is loose,” says a marketing specialist. “Our marketing team is irrelevant,” says a sales representative. Sound familiar?
- No matter which side of the equation you are, you’ve probably heard of these two lines before. You’re not alone – in fact, according to a study by the Corporate Executive Board, 87% of sales and marketing terms used to describe each other in negative terms.
- A study by the Aberdeen Group, however, showed that companies with strong sales and marketing alignment obtained an annual revenue growth of 20%. Imagine this: an increase of 20% just to collaborate with your colleagues! This is worth not only the long term, but also to actively work together towards achieving the overall objectives of the company.
- Through collaboration and eliminating negativity between the two teams, companies can more actively close leads into customers. So if you’re not meeting regularly, schedule a meeting between sales and marketing now! And give the first jump into alignment with each other to improve your company as a whole.
Be an open book and takes the context of the buyer in the sales process
- Not only Inbound Marketing transformed the way we do marketing, but also transformed how to sell.
- The sales process was week after week cold calling, now the sales process is based on the buyer and must be tailored to your specific needs and desires.
- Instead of sellers act as guardians of content and information about products and services, we make the content available on our websites to be downloaded by leads.
- Gone are the days when the sales representative had the power in the process. Now the tides have turned and buyers have all the control.
- In order to be successful with sales in a world of entry, sales reps have to be open books – ready and waiting to provide useful information to customers and leads.
Determine the purpose of a call before taking the phone
- We know that sales representatives have an ambitious business plan and to hit and get to it can be more than a little stressful.
- But that is no excuse for poor sales tactics. To get the most out of each call – and to set each to success – you should always determine the purpose of each of your sales calls before picking up the phone.
- The idea that one is willing and able to have the most relevant conversation with the buyer.
- Beyond understanding who your leads and what you like to accomplish when you talk to them on the phone, it is important to make sure you know who you’re really talking about and how you can influence your goals.
- Maybe you’re calling someone to make an introduction, maybe you have the name and number of the decision maker and you’re calling to make the sale, or maybe you are trying to get an internal or external bypass.
- Regardless of the situation, the purpose of the call depends on who you’re talking to and where they are in the buying cycle.
- The input method does not end after “converting”. In order to have real success with your inbound marketing strategy, you must effectively close your leads into customers.