Few Interesting Facts About YouTube, That May Surprise You!
YouTube is the world’s largest video sharing site and people use it for uploading and downloading videos. But, do you know who the founders of YouTube were and why had developed Youtube? Do you know which the first ever video clip uploaded on YouTube is? Like these, there are many fascinating facts which you don’t know about YouTube. So, read on and let me know which one you didn’t know in comment section below:-
Role of PayPal in YouTube Creation
Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim are the founders of YouTube. They all worked for another IT company called PayPal. Hurley was the person who has designed the logo of PayPal. They have registered the domain name on 14th February 2005. Officially, it was launched on December 2005.
Origin of YouTube:-
The concept of the YouTube as a video sharing website didn’t came into the mind of them straight away. Initially, they had created an Online Dating Website “Tune In Hook Up”, influenced by HotorNot. The inspiration of creating YouTube was come by two different events. The first one was when Karim didn’t find the online video footage of Janet Jackson’s “wardrobe malfunction,” and the second one when Hurley and Steve were unable to share the video footage of ‘Dinner Party’ due to limitations of email attachment.
What is UTube :-
The domain YouTube.com was registered on Valentine’s Day in 2005. The company “utube.com”sued YouTube in offence that company domain (UTube.com), was overwhelmed with unusual traffic from people that tried to spell the video site’s name phonetically and the video site is affecting the business of “utube” but the claims were dismissed.
First Video on YouTube:-
The first ever video on YouTube was “Me at the Zoo”. In this Video, The co-founder Jawed Karim in front of the elephant enclosure going on about long trunk. It’s 0.19 Min video clip and has 13,212,942 views since when it was uploaded i.e. 23 Apr 2005.
YouTube’s Social Stats:-
YouTube says that over 700 tweets per minute contain the YouTube link. Meanwhile, 150 years worth of YouTube videos are watched on Facebook in every single day.
Most Viewed Video All the Time:-
The most viewed video of all time (Not Counting Music Videos) is “Charlie bit my finger – again !” with an amazing 618,468,433 views (at the time of writing). Do you know; you can see the updated info of most popular video on “YouTube Chart“.
- 60 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every Minute.
- YouTube is the world’s second largest search engine after Google.
- In 2012, it was estimated that YouTube Use as much bandwidth as the entire Internet used in 2000.
- As of 2010, it would take 1,700 years to watch every YouTube video.
- Over 4 billion hours of video (over 450,000 years’ worth) are viewed each month on YouTube.
- After high school and during college, Hurley ran cross-country and sold kitchen knives door to door.
- After his graduation, YouTube co-founder Chad Hurley joined Confinity(Creator of PayPal). In his interview he designed a PayPal logo, which became PayPal’s official logo. He was the company’s first designer and its 10th employee. During his early days at Confinity, Chad slept on a friend’s floor.
- “Gangnam Style” is the most liked video on YouTube with over 8 million likes. It overtook LMFAO’s “Party Rock Anthem,” which has only 1.9 million likes.
- In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views.
- Over 4 billion videos are viewed a day.
I hope you enjoyed the post.