8 GB & 16 GB Moto G (Gen 2) is Available on Flipkart from 5th September 2014 at ₹12,999
Motorola has launched the successors of its two phones Moto G and Moto X at an event in India. The names of these smartphones are Moto G (Gen 2) and Moto X (Gen 2). The Moto G (Gen 2) will be available exclusively on Flipkart from 5th September midnight. The also made this announcement public and The Motorola India has tweeted about this on its official twitter page.
The new #MotoG priced at Rs.12,999/- Available only on @Flipkart from 5th September midnight. #ChooseChoice
— Motorola India (@MotorolaIndia) September 5, 2014
Moto G (Gen 2) is coming in two versions: 8 GB and 15 GB. The price of 16 GB Moto G (Gen 2) is ₹12,999. This is a middle range Smartphone of Motorola, which runs on Android v4.4.4 Kitkat. The company has confirmed to provide updated versions of Android OS (Android L) in coming days.
The display size of Moto device is 5-inch with 720 x 1280p resolutions, which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It has 2MP front-facing and 8MP Rear facing camera with LED flash, auto focus & face detection features.
The main difference in between First Gen Moto G and Second Gen Moto G is that the company has included a microSD card slot in second generation Moto G for expandable memory up to 32 GB.
See the Full Specifications of MOTO G (Gen 2)
- Android v4.4.4 Kitkat Operating System
- 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor
- 5-Inch (720 x 1280p) non-scratchable IPS LCD Display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- Adreno 305 GPU for gaming souls
- 8 MP Autofocus primary camera with LED flash and 2 MP front facing camera for video calling & Selfies.
- Camera Features: Auto focus, GEO-Tagging, touch focus, Auto face detection.
- 1 GB RAM.
- 8 GB/16 GB Internal Memory, expandable via microSD card (up to 32 GB)
- 149 gram (5.25 oz) weight and 141.5×70.7×10.99mm Dimensions
- It supports one GSM Micro SIM
- Non-removable 2070mAh Li-Ion Battery
- Other Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, 2G, 3G, Wi-Fi 802, Bluetooth, Accelerometer, microUSB support, HTML5 Browser.
- Pre-installed apps and games.
- A-GPS to track the device location.
- Available in White and Black colors only.
The launch of second generation Moto G & Moto X doesn’t mean that Motorola stop the selling of first generation Moto G/Moto X. The old versions of these phones are still available on Flipkart.
Price List of Moto G (Gen 2) in various countries:
- The price of Second Generation Moto G in India is Rs. 12,999
- The price of Second Generation Moto G in USA is $179.99
- The price of Second Generation Moto G in UK is 130.99 Euro
- The price of Second Generation Moto G in Australia is 194.37 Australian Dollar
The latest version of Moto G is available through Motorola’s official retailing partner ‘Flipkart’. After 5th September 2014, you can buy it exclusively only from Flipkart.com.