Browser Compatibility Testing When Your Application Chains Multiple Browsers of Multiple Versions
1. Prioritize the Browser Combinations: Based on the requirement we can prioritize the browser combinations to test.
2. Use Multi Web Browser (Different Versions of Same Browser): Multiple web browser application can be installed on the system to reduce the time needed to install/uninstall the required web browser.
3. Cloud: Cloud service SAAS can be used to reduce the cost of resources.
4. Beat Web Browser: If required by project, we can use to test beta version of the web browsers
5. Remote Desktop Protocol: RDP can be used to access the dedicated test machines.
6. Real Time Scenario: It can be recommended to test only one higher version of any web browser. Reasons are specified below.
a. Most of the web browser comes with auto update option and user is accessing content via web browser. In such cases the browser gets updated automatically
b. Most used web browser of 2012 Google Chrome does not have option to disable auto update option.
c. All the browsers are distributed under ‘GNU’- General Public License i.e. installations and updation is free of cost.